The Centre for Editing Lives and Letters (CELL) develops projects focused on making archives matter, concentrating on the years 1500 to 1800.
The MA in Early Modern Studies reflects CELL’s ethos, marrying traditional archival skills with cutting edge technology. We are also delighted to welcome students who wish to study for the Ph.D. in Early Modern Studies.
Located at University College London (UCL), CELL consists of graduate and doctoral students, researchers, teachers and writers.
ON THIS SITE
- CELL's projects have over the last ten years set the standard for marrying rigorous standards of traditional scholarship to the new possibilities opened up to us by the transformations in communication and information technologies. Here you can find the research we're pursuing right now, as well as older projects.
- CELL equips its postgraduate students with the skills necessary to conduct and transmit their archival research. Courses in paleography, critical bibliography and information technology are available.
- We are very proud of the CELL community – not just members of our core research team, but our students, our alumni, our friends and our associates. Discover who we are and how we all make CELL one of the happiest corners of the academic world.
- Find out about the latest at CELL! We use this space in conjunction with our Facebook page and Twitter feed to advertise job opportunities, plug CELL appearances in the media, congratulate our students and colleagues on their successes and think about the place of the humanities in higher education and the world at large. .
- Please feel free to contact CELL with any queries or suggestions you may have!