Letter ID: 0035
Reference: BL, MS Cotton Galba D X f.146r-v
Citation: DCB/001/HTML/0035/008
Date: 11 July 1594
Copy of: 0451



Endorsed: July 11 1594


Maye it please your good L. since the writing of my former, we have lettres from the Campe, that the next day after the Ravelin was taken, those of Groeninghen sent a messenger to request of Co. Maurice to summon them againe, and that then they were resolved to capitulat with him without further delay. But he would not condescend to summon them againe: so muche onely was obtained that if they sent their hostages presently, they should be receaved, and that the states upon their comming, would send their Deputies in like maner, to enter into treatie with them of the towne. This messenger /answear/ being given the messenger returned, and what hath folowed upon it, we are not yet advertised. But by all kinde of likelihoode, they will not stand upon a summons, nor they will not refuse any reasonable conditions and suche I am certaine will be offered unto them, so that in five or six daies. And thus I take my humble leave. From the Hage July 11 1594. Your L. most humbly bounden Tho. Bodley